Lower Gwynedd Township is a township in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, United States. The township comprises four villages: Gwynedd, Gwynedd Valley, Penllyn, and Spring House.
Gwynedd was founded in 1698 by Welsh Quakers. The township was then split into Lower Gwynedd and Upper Gwynedd in 1891. The name Gwynedd came from the Welsh meaning White Fields.
Lower Gwynedd is situated in the Wissahickon School District and is home to a SEPTA Rail Station with an easy 45 minute drive to Center City Philadelphia.